Nestlé eRecruiting privacy notice
By submitting an application, or any personal data, to the eRecruiting service, you confirm and agree that:
- you have read and understood the Privacy Notice below;
- Nestlé may process your personal data for the purposes set out in the Privacy Notice, including for the purpose of processing your application for employment, and to determine whether you may be suitable for other positions available within the Nestlé Group; and
- your personal data may be transferred to any country or location where Nestlé does business, for the purposes set out in the Privacy Notice.
If you are not prepared to give such consent, please discontinue all use of the eRecruiting service.
eRecruiting Privacy Notice
Thank you for visiting our global Nestlé Careers website. Nestlé respects your right to privacy when you use our websites and communicate electronically with us. This eRecruiting Privacy Notice (this “Notice”) describes the types of personal information which Nestlé and its affiliates (collectively, “Nestlé”, “we” or “us”) may collect, how we may use that information, with whom we may share this information, and the choices that you can make regarding our use of this information. This Notice is not contractual in nature and does not form any part of any contract of employment or any offer.
Information that identifies you, or from which you are identifiable (your “personal data”) may be processed by (or on behalf of) Nestlé, including via the eRecruiting service, for recruitment, employment and related purposes. We have put in place the necessary technical and organizational measures to keep your personal data secure.
The data controller of your personal data is the local Nestlé company in your country of residence. Please note that Nestlé S.A of 1800 Vevey, Switzerland also processes your personal data for application purposes via this eRecruiting service.
If you have any requests or queries concerning your personal data, or the exercise of your rights under applicable data protection laws, please contact the local Nestlé company in your country of residence or application or contact email@example.com or the Data Protection Office, Nestlé S.A Tel: +41 21 924 2000.
Scope of this Notice
This Notice applies to all Nestlé entities and third parties that may process your personal data in connection with your application for employment.
This Notice sets out a minimum standard of protection for your personal data worldwide. Nestlé recognizes that applicable laws in some jurisdictions may require stricter standards than those described in this Notice. Nestlé will process your personal data in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations. Where the applicable laws and regulations in a jurisdiction provide a lower level of protection of your personal data than that established by this Notice, then the requirements of this Notice will apply in addition to those laws and regulations.
Collection of personal data
For the purposes of the eRecruiting service, we only collect personal data which you provide to us, or which is needed to deliver our eRecruiting service to you. You may provide direct personal data (such as your name, address, e-mail and employment information) by sending those data to us. You may also provide indirect personal data (such as cookies, connection and system information) by browsing our websites and communicating electronically with us. You may also upload documents such as covering letters, CVs and references via this website. Please do not submit any sensitive personal data (e.g. health information, religion, political preferences etc) as part of your application, unless specifically requested by us to do so.
Categories of personal data
The types of personal data we may process in connection with your application include your:
- education history;
- work history;
- compensation details;
- references, feedback, and any other details of past employers and/or other people you ask us to contact;
- contact information (e.g., your name, address, e-mail address, and telephone number);
- previous addresses and/or any previous names you may have used;
- any additional information you may provide (e.g., a covering letter);
- tax payer reference number (e.g., National Insurance Number; Social Security Number; etc.);
- criminal history, to the extent that such information can lawfully be requested under applicable law; and
- any other information that may be necessary in connection with your application (e.g., language preferences).
Purposes of processing
Your personal data may be processed for the purposes of:
- processing your application for employment;
- determining whether you would be suitable for other positions available within the Nestlé Group;
- creating and maintaining employment records;
- conducting background investigations, where permitted by applicable law;
- performing other processing activities that are required or permitted by applicable law;
- reporting purposes (e.g., time for processing applications)
- any additional purposes set out in any application forms you complete; and
- if you are successful in your application, your personal data may be processed in connection with your employment relationship with Nestlé, subject to the terms of your employment agreement.
Nestlé recruiters worldwide may be able to see your personal data that are processed in connection with your application. If a Nestlé entity processes your personal data for purposes that go beyond the purposes described in this notice, the entity responsible for the new purpose will ensure that:
- the new purpose materially conforms to the provisions of this Notice;
- you are informed of: (i) the new purpose for which your personal data is to be processed; and (ii) the recipients, or categories of recipients, of your personal data; and
- to the extent required by applicable law, your consent is obtained prior to commencing any processing of your personal data for any such new purpose.
Your personal data may also be used to administer, support and obtain feedback on the level of our services and to prevent breaches of security, the law or our contract terms.
Disclosure of personal data
Nestlé may disclose your personal data to other companies within the Nestlé Group of companies. We may also disclose your personal data to third parties (such as our internet service providers) who help us administer this website or assist us in our online recruiting process. Some of these third parties may be located outside the jurisdiction from which you accessed this website. These third parties are required by Nestlé, at all times, to provide appropriate levels of security for your personal data. They are bound by legal agreements to keep your personal data private and secure and to process your personal data only in accordance with the specific instructions of Nestlé.
We may also disclose your personal data:
- to any party as required or permitted by applicable law;
- to any third parties whom we may contact, in connection with your current and/or past employment or engagements, to solicit feedback; and
- to a prospective buyer, in the event that we anticipate the sale of all, or the relevant portion, of our business.
Retention of personal data
Nestlé will retain your personal data for as long as is reasonably necessary for your employment application, taking into consideration our need to answer queries or resolve problems and comply with legal requirements under applicable law(s). Subject to the specific retention requirements set out in the Special Regulation section below, we may retain your personal data for a maximum of 2 years to be able to contact you should a suitable job opening occur in the future. If you do not wish to be considered for future employment opportunities, we will delete your personal data at your request.
Some of our websites may provide you with the opportunity to share a job posting with another person via social networks or by e-mail. For this feature to work, we will need to collect your e-mail address and the electronic contact information of those to whom you send a web page link. Before you provide Nestlé with the electronic contact information of another person, please ensure that you have the consent of that person to do so. Electronic contact information collected in this way is not used for any purpose other than to fulfil your request. It is deleted after 4 weeks.
International transfers of personal data
Nestlé is a global company that uses the internet to collect and process your personal data. This naturally involves the processing and transmission of personal data across borders.
We may transfer your personal data to jurisdictions other than the jurisdiction in which you are based, but we will do so only for the purposes described in this Notice. When we transfer your personal data to other jurisdictions, we do so in accordance with the requirements of applicable law.
You may revise or deactivate your candidate profile at any time. You may also have the following rights, subject to applicable law:
- the right to request access to, or copies of, your personal data that are processed by Nestlé or on Nestlé’s behalf;
- the right to request information regarding the source of your personal data, if those personal data were not collected directly from you;
- the right to request correction of any inaccuracies in your personal data;
- the right to object, on legitimate grounds, to the processing of your personal data;
- the right to request information about the existence of, and an explanation of the logic involved in, the significance of, and any envisaged consequences of, any automated processing of your personal data that has a legal effect, or a significant effect, on you;
- the right to request that your personal data are deleted, or that the processing of your personal data is restricted to certain limited purposes;
- the right to complain about the processing of your personal data to a Data Protection Authority.
You may exercise any of these rights, to the extent that they are available to you under applicable law, using the contact details provided above in this Notice and/or contacting the Nestlé company in your country of residence. This does not affect your statutory rights. Your decision to exercise any of these rights will not affect your application, and will attract no sanction or penalty of any kind.
VEVEY, March 2018
Copyright © 2018 Société des Produits Nestlé S.A.
Special regulation for Malaysia:
Information belonging to a third party:
To the extent that you have provided (or will provide) personal data about your family members, referees, previous employers, spouse and/or other dependents, you confirm that you have explained to them that their personal data will be provided to, and processed by us and you represent and warrant that you have obtained their consent to the processing (including disclosure and transfer) of their personal data in accordance with this Notice.